Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Kinnick, the Dog Toy Tester

UPDATE!! So here's the latest picture of the red squid... Poor guy!




So it's been awhile since I've posted, I think I'm finally recovered from my trip to Germany and Switzerland... It was the best time ever!! And I can't believe all the stuff we saw! I've pretty much locked myself up to get some writing done the last few weeks, I've been working on a proceedings paper for the presentation I'll be giving at ASABE at the end of July in Dallas and a proposal for more funding to finish out my pyrosequencing. I pretty much hate writing and no matter how hard I try to work on things in advance I just never get it done. I do my best work under pressure I guess. Oh well...


Now to funner things... I signed Kinnick up to be a dog toy tester on mydogtoy.com. It's kind of a sweet deal... You sign-up to be a tester and they send you whatever toy you want at half price. Since Kinnick seems to destroy every toy he gets in a matter of minutes, I figured this was a cheaper way to keep him entertained. Well the first toy arrived yesterday and it didn't go so well. I picked a toy that they rated a 9 out of 10 on the 'tuff' scale. It also happened to be a stuffed toy so how it ever got a rating above a 3 is beyond me. They've never met Kinnick and if they had they would definitely need to re-evaluate their scale. But anyways, he tried it out. After about 20 minutes the stuffing started flying and the red squid had lost a tentacle or two. Kinnick seemed to love it though! I would say after about 45 minutes the squid was fully gut-ed and de-tentacled.
The Red Squid, 9 on the tuff scale

So far, so good

What? I have no idea how that tentacle came off!

After 20 minutes, this squid has a big headache!

Who needs stuffing?

Or tentacles for that matter?

Kinnick 1, Red Squid 0

The morning after

































































Well at least he had a good time... We'll see what next month brings!
-Anne

1 comment:

  1. The fact that you made the squid actually look at you in each picture made this entire post ten times more hilarious.

    ReplyDelete