Friday, July 6, 2012

So It's Been Awhile...

Well it's been a few weeks since I've last posted, I've been busy with school and nothing that exciting has happened... But oh well.

We had a pretty laid back 4th of July, we went over to Jonathan's Aunt and Uncle's house for a parade in the am and burgers on the grill for lunch. We also celebrated his Grandmother's 89th birthday! After hanging out there for awhile we headed home to rest up for fireworks that night! We headed over to Lake Shawnee for fireworks and then called it a night. Not too exciting, but 4th of July in the middle of the week isn't all that fun when you have to work the next day.

So I joined Pinterest and I pin every now and then... Well more often that... Okay... Pretty much every day, usually multiple times a day... I'm OBSESSED! And my addiction is only getting worse! I try to limit my time on Pinterest to once a day but it's hard, it's like checking Facebook... But worse... I'm sure there's got to be a 12 step program to help but I'm not ready to give it up. But anyways, I've found some pretty solid ideas, recipes, tips, etc. It's amazing and starting to fuel my DIY addiction as well. First it started with just recipes and trying those out (I've found some really good ones and some God-awful ones) but it's growing. First, it started with the wine bottle DIY ideas, making a lamp from a wine bottle and Christmas lights for my Mom, like this. It turned out pretty well (I forgot to take a picture before I sent it to her), but I now have an abundance of wine bottles since we had Christopher (Jonathan's brother) start saving them from work, he's a bartender. Luckily, I found this idea, using them as landscape edging, instead of the crappy black stuff. And because I've got a massive crater next to my black edging, it shouldn't be too difficult to insert the bottles. It wasn't, I finally tried it out last night with a few bottles, which ended up including liquor bottles but I think it adds character, pictures to come. I made curtains for Jonathan's kitchen window and french doors, they're almost finished so pictures to come. I've also got the fabric purchased for my own curtains (the fabric alone was half the price of buying pre-made curtains, so I'm hoping they look good). It'll be nice to finally have curtains in my living room, since I've only lived in my house for over 2 years now and the curtain rod has been up for almost that long! I also started a 'memory' jar of the things Jonathan and I have done together, movie stubs, concert ticket stubs, hotel room keys, etc, which I based off this blog. I was also pretty excited about this organization tip, from Better Homes and Gardens, which is pretty brilliant! I remembered to take a picture of that one, see below.
I mean how genius is that? Look at all that extra space! Although, I think my pantry still needs some help! These are my two shelves, I won't even show you Sarah's (my room mate) or the bottom communal shelf... Eek!

Well that's about all I have time for, I need to get back to work (so I can graduate!) and no I won't be on Pinterest... I've already pinned the new stuff this morning and I'm trying to implement the new rule of checking only once during the work day, after 6pm, watch out!!

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment